Our Minneapolis Architecture
Discover the Unique Design Features of Our Hotel
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international luxury travel for generations, and the InterContinental at Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport is no exception. Through our innovative Minneapolis architecture, we offer guests a unique vision of our cosmopolitan city and enable them to live the InterContinental life — just steps from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and within convenient distance of the Mall of America.
Our 12-story-tall building features a distinctive “folded curtain” wall, which evokes the waters of Minnesota's many famous lakes. And, through the use of local Kasota stone and Cold Spring granite, we were able to mirror the contemporary aesthetic of the airport while creating a connection with the distinctive style and material palette of the local region.
Some of our favorite aspects of our Minneapolis architecture include:
- Nature. A palette of stone, wood, and glass is reflective of the lakes, rivers, waterfalls, and warm woods found throughout Minnesota.
- Art. Paying homage to the state’s reputation as an art destination is a curated collection of works by local artists — especially in the Art Park in front of the hotel.
- Views. Through floor-to-ceiling windows at our penthouse-level observation bar, you’ll find panoramic views of the airport, river, and downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul (not to mention the various views from our 291 guest rooms).
- Sky bridge. Perhaps the most convenient architectural feature for guests is the sky bridge that connects directly to Concourse C at MSP Airport. Innovative technology (part of the TSA security checkpoint) allows travelers to move from the airport directly into their hotel. Through design, the transition from the modern airport to the luxurious comforts of an InterContinental hotel is seamless.
- TSA Access Update - We have been informed by MAC and TSA officials that the hotel check point will re-open at 4:45am on Friday, November 22 until 10:00am, seven days a week for those with carry-on luggage.
Experience our Minneapolis architecture for yourself. On our website, you’ll always find the best available rates to reserve your next stay at InterContinental Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport.